I Purchased a Box of Vintage RC Gear.

I Purchased a Box of Vintage RC Gear.

Postby iflylilplanes » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:42 pm

I purchased a box of vintage RC gear, some I've not seen before, some I have kept for myself, the rest I am putting up for sale or swap. I'm not sure what these items are worth, all I'm after is some cash towards a couple of the Tobe GG actuators and a few of Phil G's inventions. Some of this equipment is new in the box with documentation, there will be an explanation under each of the photo.

Here are three ED receivers in their boxes, one I think is new the other two are used, the brown one is missing the antenna.

This is the new receiver, as you can see the multi pin socket and on/off switch are supplied. This one sold.

Here are four Wright valve receivers made in New Zealand, there is original documentation, and only two boxes. The one with the logo sold.

Here, I opened one of the receivers to show the valves. Only one receiver has the Wright logo on it, also in the box are some original Wright water slide decals.

Also available are two of each of the valves used in the Wright receivers, not sure what the other one is for or if it is compatible. All sold.

Here is a pair of Silvertone valve receivers, an Australian brand, Silvertone, a local company, only in the last few years has closed their doors because Bob Young
the owner wanted to retire. One sold.

This is an OS Pixie TX & RX box with a RA1 receiver with only half the case and parts of the transmitter antenna.

This will do for now, that is all the receivers, any interest in these receivers please PM me. I will try to reduce the size of the pictures and edit later, the next post will be some escapements and actuators.
Last edited by iflylilplanes on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Cheers,

Dave W.

A new challenge learning to fly rudder only, GG and push button.
iflylilplanes

Re: I Purchased a Box of Vintage RC Gear.

Postby Phil_G » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Sounds fascinating Dave but your dropbox appears to be private, that is to say I cant access the photos.
Incidentally I did a custom BBCode for displaying externally-hosted photos which allows you to set the width (height is determined from original aspect ratio)
Explained here
Cheers
Phil
Phil_G

Postby iflylilplanes » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Phil, Did that work?, they are showing Ok here
Cheers,

Dave W.

iflylilplanes

Postby Phil_G » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 pm

Hi Dave, no they're just showing as null icons as the dropbox folder is private. You will see them as its your dropbox account.
Can you make the folder public?
Cheers
Phil
Phil_G

Postby iflylilplanes » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:19 am

How about now.
Cheers,

Dave W.

iflylilplanes

Postby Phil_G » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:00 pm

iflylilplanes wrote:How about now.
Perfect!
Phil_G

Postby iflylilplanes » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:31 pm

Here are some escapements, actuators and servos

This is a Wright Relaytor as Wright call it, this one is for rudder only compound escapement that can with the quick blip operate a throttle escapement. Sold.

This is a Wright sequential relaytor setup for rudder only, if you look at the arms of the rotor you will see a second hole, by moving the pin screw from where it is to that second hole the relaytor becomes a throttle escapement. Great idea. Sold.

These two are incomplete, the one on the right needs only the control spindle, easy to bend one up from wire, the other for spares, the plate in front is the speed governor for the compound version. Sold

This is a German Kinematic single channel motorised actuator for boats, works well, but big. I have seen one on Phil and Shaun's web site.

The Mighty Midget motor setup for single channel, not sure if it is a commercially made one or homemade. Works as well.

A view from the other end.

there are three of these ED actuators, all new never been used, in their boxes with instructions. One sold.

Close up of the ED.

A couple of OS Multi Servos, as is. One sold

An OS S=103 servo, as far as I can tell it is new, but it has one gear missing, so it is not working unless a gear can be found.

An early Futaba FR-3G servo, sorry I don't know anything about it.

A Bonner servo. Sold

A couple of Bonner Duramite servos, one used, one new. One sold.

Lastly, I have a couple of Taplin geared motors, new in the box, one box is almost mint complete with doc's and packing. They don't turn over and I never powered them up.

That's the last of the purchase.
Last edited by iflylilplanes on Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cheers,

Dave W.

iflylilplanes

Postby Tobe » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:46 pm

Dave :D please check PM and I will not be an obstacle to achieve your goals concerning the challenge to learn to fly rudder only, GG and push button. I would suggest You one Adams Clone and one GG-Tobe....to remember is that single channel GG is "easier" and a simpler and the a good introduction to the multi channel GG
Tobe

Return to For sale