S/C, Retro R/C and Vintage Fly-in with SAM, CL, FF, 27th Sep

Diary dates for our community

S/C, Retro R/C and Vintage Fly-in with SAM, CL, FF, 27th Sep

Postby Phil_G » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:25 am

scene2.jpg

Wednesday 27th September, 2017: Another UK S/C & Retro R/C event!

As you all know, every year PANDAS hosts our "S/C & Retro RC Fly-in" event which grows ever more popular year upon year. We're often asked after another successful event if there's any chance of "more of the same" later in the year.

Well, its short notice, but we've decided to do just that, and for many reasons, to site it at Buckminster, the new BMFA National Flying Site.
And as a break from tradition, we decided to do it mid week rather than a weekend :)
Why? well, we're mostly either retired or thought we were retired and weekends are often booked solid many months in advance. A mid-week event means that you dont have to miss your planned weekend activities Image

Following the Ponty template its an informal retro and vintage 'Fly-in' and whilst our own niche interests are S/C, Reeds, Galloping Ghost, & Pulse, of course everyone is welcome to fly their retro & vintage models with modern gear too. To broaden the scope we're expecting Control-line and Free-flight, we've included the SAM lads and we're hoping Martin's UKCAA classic aerobats will join us, so theres something for anyone with either a nostalgic or plain curious nature Image

There will be a small fee (£6 was mentioned but I'm not sure if thats set in epoxy yet) and I understand that we're ok for overnight camping. There will be tea & grub, we're not sure how or in what form, but no-one will starve Image
The weather has been ordered and will behave itself, or else... Image
Even if the worst does happen, there is a large indoor flying area Image
Hoping to see as many old & new faces as we can muster, even if you're not a convert, come along & see what all the retro fuss is about Image

Also posted on RC Groups and RCMF

Thanks all
Cheers
Phil
Last edited by Phil_G on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Make Sticky
Phil_G

Re: S/C, Retro R/C and Vintage Fly-in with SAM, CL, FF, 27th

Postby iflylilplanes » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:07 am

Wish I could come, but, I'm on the other side of the planet. :(
Cheers,

Dave W.

A new challenge learning to fly rudder only, GG and push button.
iflylilplanes

Postby jackdaw » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:07 am

Almost(??) as bad for me as I live the other side of the country. Its not just the roads this side of the country its mainly the driving restrictions due to being insulin dependant diabetic. When Buckminster was first announced I looked into doing the trip but discovered that it would be a day to get there and a day back, so not an option. In fact its difficult to go far with the licence restrictions. Still I hope every one has a great time and look forward to the reports, photos and vids.
I fly mode zero - sticks are for dogs!
jackdaw

Postby 2.4g shaun » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:03 pm

iflylilplanes wrote:Wish I could come, but, I'm on the other side of the planet. :(

What a poor excuse haha......

Shaun
2.4g shaun

Postby Phil_G » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:15 pm

We need to spread the word quickly so whenever anyone's down at their local patch, give us a mention please!
Cheers
Phil
Phil_G

Postby no1dieselman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:22 pm

It all seems a bit rushed. Would have been nice to attend but duty calls. Hope it goes ok
He who dies with the most toys wins
no1dieselman
Site Admin

Postby Phil_G » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:45 pm

RCM&E readers please note that in the upcoming issue they have the event date wrong - our date is correct, Wednesday the 27th of September, not the 23rd as stated in the RCM&E "Whats on diary".

Cheers
Phil
Phil_G

Postby Phil_G » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:07 am

I'm hoping this meeting will showcase S/C to the BMFA as a reliable, safe & enjoyable form of flying, I think one well supported meeting will make such an impression with Manny and Andy, and hopefully gain their support for S/C as a viable mode Image
So who's going on Wednesday?
Cheers
Phil
Phil_G

Postby ceptimus » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:32 am

Looks like it will be dry with a southeasterly breeze of about 12mph. I'm tempted but I've been suffering with a bad back for the last week. I'm fine when I'm up and about but sitting in my car to drive to Buckminster and back might be painful and could set back my recovery. :?
ceptimus

Postby no1dieselman » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:28 am

Phil_G wrote:I'm hoping this meeting will showcase S/C to the BMFA as a reliable, safe & enjoyable form of flying, I think one well supported meeting will make such an impression with Manny and Andy, and hopefully gain their support for S/C as a viable mode Image
So who's going on Wednesday?
Cheers
Phil

Dont understand this Phil. As no control (free flight) is accepted as a viable mode why would there be any doubt about single channel? If its not big and expensice the bmfa is not really interested.

Doug
He who dies with the most toys wins
no1dieselman
Site Admin

Next

Return to Events