Macgregor kit....

Reeds, single channel, and retro stuff here

Re: Macgregor kit....

Postby 2.4g shaun » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:15 pm

I can vouch for that advice re the electrolytics. Phil told me that little trick a number of years ago and it has worked on many occasions for me with the museum gear.

Shaun
2.4g shaun

Postby dodgy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:16 pm

This sounds like just the advice I am looking for - old tricks from a lifetime of experience! A bit like putting your hard drive in the freezer to get it reading again...

Might there be a need to replace the electrolytics? I've just recovered a (fairly new!) LCD screen by replacing them all. Only one was bulging, but it needed all new ones before it would start up again...
dodgy

Postby dodgy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:45 pm

Well, there have certainly been some changes.

It's not working yet, but after a couple of hours of being connected to a battery the relay started buzzing, and eventually operated - remaining in the ON position. After an hour or so it then released. And just now it's started buzzing again...
dodgy

Postby dodgy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:32 pm

Right, it's had a day on a 9v supply. And the relay chatters when I connect, and occasionally chatters to itself and then closes, and then later opens - but it doesn't respond to the transmitter at all. Well, that's not quite true - there's a slight relay movement when I switch the transmitter on, but nothing happens when I key the tone.

I suspect that I'm going to have to replace the capacitors - but looking at them I can't see that any of them are electrolytic. Indeed, I'm not sure that I will be able to read their values. I don't suppose that anyone's got a schematic for a Supermac?
dodgy

Postby ronstv » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:48 pm

Dodgy,

Is this any good for you?
As far as i know it still works
Its a Supermac relay less

Ron
IMG_0262.JPG
ronstv

Postby dodgy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:22 pm

Interesting! It certainly looks like the non-relay part of the circuit I have. Is it for sale? If so - how much?!
dodgy

Postby ronstv » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:27 pm

No, you can have it FOC if it's of any use.
PM me.

Ron.
ronstv

Postby dodgy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:00 pm

Well....

Having left my Supermac receiver plugged in for a day or two, I had noticed occasional instances when the relay started buzzing, then closed for a while (an hour or two), and then opened again. It would respond to a transmitter being turned on with a very slight kick on the relay, but never responded to a tone being keyed.

Eventually, however, the receiver just stopped responding completely, and is now completely dead - with no relay glitch even when connecting. I wonder what has died.....?
dodgy

Postby ronstv » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Dodgy,

Did you want this relayless SuperMac?
I need your name and address if you do?

Ron
ronstv

Postby dodgy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:32 pm

I thought I'd PM'd you? Twice - as I recall - I mistyped the post-code....

Just checked - the messages didn't seem to go - have sent one now...
dodgy

PreviousNext

Return to Radio systems