Look what I found....

Reeds, single channel, and retro stuff here

Look what I found....

Postby pchristy » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 pm

Picked up a very interesting transmitter a week or two back:

Yes, its another cuddle-box! This time, a Heathkit! Originally on 27 MHz, and switchable between two frequencies. I have a feeling that in the USA, plug-in crystals weren't allowed! I think this is a prime candidate for giga-isation, though it may take a little while, due to other projects keeping me occupied!

Unfortunately, to get it, I had to buy a job-lot of transmitters, but amongst them was this rarity (in the UK anyway):

Its a Royal Classic, a professionally made version for the self construct system published in the American RCM magazine in the late 60s. I think the stick units are the Kraft-Hayes ones, probably the nicest closed-gimbal sticks ever made. They certainly feel nice, even after being laid up for so many years. I've a mind to giga-ise this one too!

The rest, I'm going to have to dispose of, as they are of no use to me. I can't give them away, as I need to recoup at least some of what I spent to get these two! I'll put an ad in the classifieds section here shortly, so if you're interested, have a look there. Some nice transmitters, that just need cleaning up a bit and new electronics inserted!

I'll advertise them here first, but if no-one is interested, they'll go on ebay.

As for the other project that's going to keep me busy for a while, well, I've just got hold of an original Schluter Huey-Cobra! It needs a fair bit of work to get it back into tip-top condition, and its massive (over 6 ft long!).

What have I taken on???? :shock:

--
Pete
pchristy

Re: Look what I found....

Postby Tobe » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:13 pm

You got not one but several projects on you shoulders! Good for You :lol:
Tobe

Return to Radio systems